Blackberry Pie Bars
The great taste of Blackberry Pie made into a delicious bars. Great for those 'on the go' moments. Enjoy!
- FRUIT FILLING:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, chilled
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup flour
- Pinch salt
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 (16-ounce) packages frozen blackberries, thawed and drained
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 75mins
To make the crust and topping, preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
Combine the flour, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times to mix. Cut the butter into 1/2-inch cubes, and add to the flour mixture. Process until the butter is evenly distributed but the mixture is still crumbly, 30 to 60 seconds.
Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the mixture to use as the topping. Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of the pan, and bake 12 to 15 minutes. Cool for at least 10 minutes.
To make the filling, whisk the eggs in a large bowl, then add the sugar, sour cream, flour, salt, lemon zest, and almond extract. Gently fold in the berries and spoon the mixture over the crust. Sprinkle the remaining flour mixture evenly over the filling, and bake 45 to 55 minutes.
You'll also love
- Better Than Anything Pumpkin Cake 4.5/5 (99 Votes)
- Crockpot Honey and Parmesan Pork... 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Easy Delicious Crockpot BBQ Ribs 4.5/5 (100 Votes)
- Garlic and Brown Sugar Glazed... 4.4/5 (106 Votes)
- Earthquake Cake 4.6/5 (95 Votes)
- blueberry crumb bars 4.6/5 (94 Votes)
- Apple Enchilada Dessert 4.5/5 (96 Votes)
- Cream Cheese French Toast Bake... 4.6/5 (87 Votes)