Slow Cooker-Cajun Slow Cooker Chicken with Sausage
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Paprika
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Red Pepper, Crushed
- 3/4 pound lean turkey sausage, cut in 1-inch pieces (or hot sausage)
- 2 cups coarsely chopped onions
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, , undrained
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 4 McCormick® Bay Leaves
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)(skinless bonelss breasts)
- 2 cups instant white rice
1. Mix paprika, thyme, garlic powder and red pepper in small bowl. Place sausage, onions, bell peppers, celery, tomatoes, chicken broth, bay leaves and 2 tablespoons of the seasoning mixture in slow cooker. Stir to blend well. Top with chicken. Sprinkle with remaining seasoning mixture. Cover.
2. Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
3. Gently stir in rice. Cover. Cook 15 to 20 minutes on HIGH or until rice is tender. Remove bay leaves before serving.
** you can make rice seperate