Best-Ever Chicken Salad
- 3 - 4 lbs of chicken parts (bone-in, skin-on thighs and breasts work well)
- 2 tablespoons quality olive oil
- 1 cup of seedless grapes, sliced in half (red and green varieties are great)
- 1 cup almonds, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt (start with 1/2 teaspoon, then add more, to taste)
- Freshly ground pepper
Adapted from facebook.com
Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
Rub oil all over the chicken pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake for 35 to 45 minutes (internal temp should reach 165 F). .
Remove the chicken, let cool, then pull the meat from the bones and roughly chop.
In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, grapes, almonds, celery, scallions, dill & parsley
In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lemon, mustard, salt and pepper.
Add the mayonnaise mixture to the chicken mixture, and gently stir until will mixed.
Refrigerate for at least an hour.
Serve on a bed of green leaves with sliced tomatoes and avocado. Or, serve on bread with green leaf lettuce. Add more toppings to your taste!
You'll also love
- Tuna Noodle Casserole 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Thai Chicken Thighs 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Healthy Fire-Seared Antipasto... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Korean Spicy Chicken Wings 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Stacked Caprese Salad 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Cranberry Chicken Salad 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Canned Chicken Salad Sandwiches 4.1/5 (25 Votes)
- Chicken Rice-A-Roni Salad 4/5 (2 Votes)