F&W's Kay Chun likes making these savory muffins for breakfast instead of the more typical sweet muffin.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cooked breakfast sausage, chopped
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
In a large bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder, salt and baking soda. Stir in the butter, egg, milk, cheese and sausage.
Spoon the batter into 12 greased muffin cups and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden. Transfer to a rack to cool before serving.
You'll also love
- White Bean and Chicken Chili 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Classic Potato Gratin 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Three Cheese Beefy Mostaccioli 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Quick Beef Stew 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Green Wheatgrass Smoothie 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Flourless Cinnamon Pecan Cookies 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Breakfast Egg Omelette Muffins 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Polish Sausage Sauerkraut &... 3.9/5 (98 Votes)