Jumbo Caramel Banana Muffins
Love banana bread? These flavorful muffins, drizzled with sweet caramel icing, will fit the bill in a big way.
- CARAMEL ICING:
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 large)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in bananas and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened.
Fill paper-lined jumbo muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350°F for 23 to 28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
For icing, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and milk; bring to a boil. Cool slightly. Beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Transfer to a small resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag and drizzle over muffins.
You'll also love
- Lucky Charms® Cupcakes 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Rachael Ray's Southwestern Chili... 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Sunny's Beer-Battered Eggplant... 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Shrimp Dip Recipe 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Paleo Sweet Potato Casserole 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Bliss Smoothie 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Gluten Free Banana Bars with Cream... 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Easy Homemade Bagels 4.6/5 (23 Votes)