- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped canned chipotle chilies
- 1 tablespoon golden brown sugar
- 4 salmon steaks, 1" thick - (8 oz ea)
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Stir honey, cilantro, hoisin sauce, ginger, chilies and brown sugar in bowl to blend.
Preheat broiler. Brush salmon steaks with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brush with some of honey-ginger glaze. Broil salmon until opaque in center, basting occasionally with remaining glaze, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer salmon steaks to plates; serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.