Veal Scaloppine with Mushrooms, Marsala
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 (2-ounce) veal medallions from the rack or loin
- 8 ounces oyster mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup sweet Marsala wine (or slightly sweet sherry)
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 10mins
In a 10 to 12-inch saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat until almost smoking.
Meanwhile, season the flour with salt and pepper. Dredge the veal medallions in the seasoned flour. Add to the pan and saute, turning once, until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the veal to a platter and keep warm.
Add the mushrooms to the pan and saute until they are lightly browned and the juices have evaporated. Add the Marsala, bring to a boil, and reduce by one third. Add the cold butter and replace the veal medallions in the pan. Bring just to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes.
Stir in the thyme leaves and season the sauce with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer the veal to a large platter, pour the mushroom sauce over the meat, and serve.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Spice-Rubbed Chicken with Duck... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Veal Chops with Grapes 5/5 (5 Votes)