Quick Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fat 12 g
Saturated fat 4 g
Cholesterol 82 mg
Carbohydrates 4 g
Dietary fiber 1 g
Protein 28 g
Sodium 314 mg
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 1 1/4-1 1/2 pounds; trimmed and tenders removed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Gruyère, shredded, or Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, reduced-fat
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or thyme, chopped
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup ham, chopped, (about 1 ounce)
Adapted from webmd.com
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon pepper and salt. Combine cheese and cream cheese in a bowl. Combine the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper with breadcrumbs, parsley (or thyme) and 2 teaspoons oil in another bowl.
3. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large, ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken until browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Move the chicken to the center so all pieces are touching. Spread with the cheese mixture, sprinkle with ham, then top with the breadcrumb mixture.
4. Bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F, 15 minutes.