Banana Rum Cake with Captain Morgans Spiced Rum Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Captain Morgan’s Spiced Rum
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 ripe medium bananas, smashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons Captain Morgans Spiced Rum
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Adapted from facebook.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Prepare 9×13 pan with butter and flour.
Cream butter and sugar on low speed in the bowl of an electric mixer or stand mixer. Add eggs, mix well. Add rum and vanilla. Beat well to combine. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined. Add bananas and beat until completely combined. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in comes out with moist crumb.
Allow to cool.
In the bowl of a stand mixer combine cream cheese and butter. On medium speed beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla, rum, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Beat until well combined. With the mixer on low, add salt and powdered sugar (starting with about 1 pound and increasing as necessary to get a light fluffy frosting.
Frost the cake. Serve and enjoy!