STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE TORTE
PAMPERED CHEF RECIPE
- 1 package (16 ounces) pound cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1/4 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 1 lemon
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup cold milk
- 1 container (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) cheesecake instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 kiwi, peeled, sliced and halved
- 1 cup hulled and sliced strawberries
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line stoneware bar pan with 13-inch piece of parchment paper. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; pour into pan, spreading evenly. Bake 15-18 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean; cool 10 minutes. Carefully lift cake onto cooling rack; cool completely.
In small micro-cooker, microwave water on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until boiling. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved. Add jam; whisk until smooth. Invert cake onto smooth side of large cutting board; remove paper. Prick cake at 1/2-inch intervals. Brush cake evenly with all but 2 tablespoons of the gelatin mixture. Trim 1/4 inch around edge of cake; discard edges. Cut cake crosswise into 3 equal layers.
Zest lemon; set aside. Juice lemon to measure 2 tablespoons juice. In a bowl, combine cream cheese and lemon juice; whisk until smooth. Add milk; whisk until smooth. Spoon whipped topping over cream cheese mixture. (Do not mix.) Sprinkle with pudding mix; mix well. (Mixture will be very thick.)
Place one cake layer on a platter. Attach open star tip to a decorator; fill with filling mixture. Pipe a straight border around edge of cake layer. Place 4 scoops of filling down center; spread evenly to border. Top with second cake layer. Repeat filling as above. For third layer, pipe a decorative border around edge. Spread any remaining filling down center.
Slice kiwi; cut slices in half and arrange on top of cake. Hull strawberries and slice. Place strawberries and reserved gelatin mixture in a bowl; mix gently. (If gelatin mixture has set, microwave on HIGH 5-10 seconds or until softened.) Spoon strawberries over top of cake; sprinkle with reserved lemon zest.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)
- Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake 4.4/5 (181 Votes)