Fettucine With Pesto, Green Beans And Potatoes
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves - (packed abt 6 oz)
- 3/4 cup olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese - (abt 3 oz)
- 8 ounces green beans trimmed, halved
- 8 ounces white potatoes peeled, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Blend basil, 1/4 cup oil, pine nuts, walnuts and garlic cloves in processor until finely chopped. Add grated Parmesan cheese. With machine running, gradually blend in remaining 1/2 cup oil. Set pesto aside.
Cook green beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Using 4- to 5-inch-diameter strainer, transfer beans to large bowl.
Return cooking water to boil. Add white potatoes and boil until tender, about 7 minutes. Remove potatoes with same strainer and transfer to bowl with beans.
Return cooking water to boil. Add fettuccine to same pot. Boil until pasta is just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup cooking water.
Return green beans, white potatoes and cooked pasta to pot. Add pesto and toss to coat. Gradually add enough reserved cooking water to coat pasta with moist sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
This pesto sauce includes walnuts, a variation on the classic recipe. To give the dish a creamy quality, add some of the pasta cooking water to the sauce.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.4/5 (1068 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.3/5 (957 Votes)
- Crockpot Ham, Green Beans &... 3.9/5 (202 Votes)
- Garlic Lemon Chicken with Green... 4.4/5 (104 Votes)
- Crispy Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine 4.5/5 (75 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Fettuccine Alfredo 4.1/5 (76 Votes)
- Bulgur Risotto With Peas And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Kiwi-Cream Cheese Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)