TROPICAL TORTE WITH FRESH PINEAPPLE
PAMPERED CHEF RECIPE
- 1 1/2 cups melted mango sorbet, divided
- 1 pkg (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 container (12 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 medium pineapple
- 1 16-oz frozen pound cake, thawed
- Additional fresh fruit such as blueberries (optional
1. For filling, combine 1/2 cup of the sorbet and pudding mix in Stainless (4-qt.) Mixing Bowl; whisk 1 minute or until thick. Fold in 2 cups of the whipped topping using Master Scraper; set aside. For sauce, place remaining 1 cup sorbet in Small Batter Bowl. Thinly slice mint using Chef's Knife; stir into batter bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 1/2-2 minutes or until sorbet is hot. Place Strainer over Stainless (2-qt.) Mixing Bowl. Pour sorbet through Strainer and press gently using Classic Scraper; set aside. (Discard mint.)
2. Slice top and bottom off of pineapple using Santoku Knife, creating a flat base. Stand pineapple upright; use Pineapple Wedger to core and peel. Set aside half of the pineapple for another use. Slice remaining pineapple flesh lengthwise into four strips, then crosswise into 1/4-in. pieces. Place into Classic Batter Bowl and toss with 2 tbsp of the mango sauce.
3. Lay pound cake on its side on Large Grooved Cutting Board. Using Bread Knife, cut straight down into pound cake to slice lengthwise into three equal layers. Place bottom layer onto Simple Additions® Rectangle Platter. Spread half of the filling evenly to edges using Small Spreader. Place middle layer over filling; spread with remaining filling. Place remaining cake layer on top. Using clean Small Spreader, frost outside of torte with remaining whipped topping.
4. To serve, slice torte using Utility Knife and place onto serving plates. Top each serving with pineapple, additional fruit, if desired, and about 1 tbsp sauce.
Yield: 10 servings
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)
- Pineapple Mango Rum Cocktail 4.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Pineapple Chicken Salad Lettuce... 4.6/5 (101 Votes)