Chocolate and Maraschino Cherry Shortbread Cookies
Cherry shortbread cookies are dipped in melted white or dark chocolate. You could dip them in one chocolate and drizzle the other chocolate on top!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature, 2sticks
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup white and/or dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces white and/or dark chocolate, chopped (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 85mins
Adapted from closetcooking.com
Cream the butter and the sugar.
Mix the flour and the salt.
Mix the dry ingredients into the wet until it starts forming larger clumps.
Mix in the maraschino cherries, white chocolate and vanilla extract.
Form the dough into the shape that you want, wrap it in plastic and let it chill in the fridge for at least an hour. (I did a rectangular log but you could also do a circular log.)
Cut the log into 1/4 inch thick slices and place them on a parchment lined baking pan with one inch of space between them.
Bake in a preheated 325°F oven until they just start to turn lightly golden brown on top, about 10-15 minutes.
Let cool completely.
Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.Dip the cookies into the chocolate and place on a sheet of parchment paper and let cool until the chocolate sets.
You'll also love
- Baked Creamy Cheesy White Sauce... 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Shrimp and Spanish Chorizo Bites 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Chikin' Legs Rice Krispie Treats 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Espresso Martini 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Bacon, Spinach, Swiss, &... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Nanny's Fruitcake Cookies Recipe 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Lemonade Cookies 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- One Pot Lemon Chicken Tortellini... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)