Spicy Pineapple Chicken
Pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, fresh grated ginger, garlic, and Sriracha combine to make a spicy, sweet, salty, tangy glaze for baked chicken.
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1/8 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 cup Sriracha sauce
Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a 9×13 baking pan with foil. Set aside.
Combine the flour, cornstarch, and salt in a shallow dish. Roll the chicken drumsticks in the flour mixture and set them in the baking pan. Bake the chicken drumsticks for 30 minutes, flipping once at 15 minutes baking time.
While the chicken drumsticks are cooking, combine the pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, and Sriracha in a saucepan. Bring the sauce to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, and allow the sauce to simmer and thicken for the time that the chicken is baking.
After the chicken has baked for 30 minutes, pour the sauce over the chicken. Roll the drumsticks in the sauce to coat. Bake the chicken for another 30 minutes, flipping the chicken 1 to 2 more times during cooking time. Chicken will be cooked through, and sauce will be thick and sticky.
If you’d like more caramelization to your chicken, simply turn the broiler on in the oven for a 2 to 3 minutes and allow the surface of the chicken to caramelize.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)
- Pineapple Mango Rum Cocktail 4.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Pineapple Chicken Salad Lettuce... 4.6/5 (101 Votes)