ALMOND RASPBERRY MUFFINS
- Crumble topping optional:
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. finely ground black pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup of liquefied virgin coconut oil, or ghee or unsalted pastured butter, melted, plus more for muffin tin (optional)
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp. almond flour
- 1 tbsp. tapioca flour
- 1 tsp. liquefied coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
Preparation time 40mins
1. Makes muffins, preheat oven to 350 deg. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
2. Sift flours together with baking soda and salt into a medium-size bowl. Whisk together eggs, maple syrup, oil, and extract into another bowl.
3. Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until well combined. Gently stir raspberries into batter and spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups.
4. Make optional Crumble Topping: Stir crumble ingredients in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over batter.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until slightly golden on top. Serve Warm
These muffins use far less sugar than do regular muffins and can be served any time of day. They are made with blanched almond flour, tapioca flour, and almond extract for a nice, robust nutty flavor complemented by fresh raspberries baked right in for a surprising burs of fresh fruit flavor. The optional Crumble topping is a perfect finishing touch for some added texture and sweetness. For delicious blueberry muffins, use vanilla extract instead of almond and swap the raspberries for fresh blueberries.