Butternut Squash, Ricotta & Spinach Stuffed Shells
- 2 cups of ricotta
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 fresh smashed garlic clove
- 1/4 cup frozen chopped spinach ( squeezed and drained)
- 1 egg
- salt, pepper
- roasted squash, around 2 cups
- and grated lemon peel
- 1 stick of butter
- 10 sage leaves
- fresh lemon juice
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Peel, chop and toss in olive oil your butternut squash, then in a hot oven roast at 425F for 15-20 minutes.
Cook your jumbo pasta shells according to directions.
In a bowl add aprox, 2 cups of ricotta,
1/3 cup parmesan cheese,
1 fresh smashed garlic clove,
1/4 cup frozen chopped spinach ( squeezed and drained)
your cooled down roasted squash, around 2 cups,
and grated lemon peel. The lemon peel was key to this dish and added a nice bright flavor.
Stuff the shells with the mixture and place in a buttered baking dish.
Make a sage brown butter sauce by melting 1 stick of butter in a saute pan until golden brown and bubbly.
Add at least 10 sage leaves until slightly crisp. Turn off heat and squeeze in fresh lemon juice.
Place your shells in a 400F oven until heated through around 20-25 minutes. When finished spoon your warm sage sauce all over and sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
You'll also love
- Beef and Guiness Stew 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Coconut Crunch Cake 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Skillet Huevos 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Big Pink Rhubarb Cake 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Escarole-and-Brussels Sprout Salad 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Autumn Pumpkin Bread with Pecan... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Potato-Spinach Casserole 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Sunflower Spinach Pie 4.6/5 (9 Votes)