Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher slat
- 2 clover garlic, minced1/2 cup dry white wine (s. blanc,pinot grigio)
- 1 large head of cauliflower ( about 2 pounds), chopped
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, can sub. sour cream
- Ground white pepper, to taste- is hotter than black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 freshly grated parmesan cheese
- toast points
> Heat oil and butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and slat, cover. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are very soft, 5 to 8 minutes. Add garlic and wine. Cook stiffing, liquid is almost completely evaporated, 3 to 5 minutes.
> Stir in cauliflower and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer,cover and cook until cauliflower is very soft, 20-25 minutes.
> With a stick blender, puree the soup until very smooth.
? Reheat the mixture over medium heat stirring once an awhile, being careful not to boil. Add the grated cheese and cream Stir until melted and blended.
> Tast and season with white pepper and salt.
> Ladle into bowls, add the toast point, a few gratings of parmesan.