Parmesan Chicken and Rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 8 8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 c dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 c uncooked instant rice
- 1 c chicken broth
- 1/2 c freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add onion, garlic, thyme, and mushrooms and saute 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
Add chicken, saute 4 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned.
ADd white wine, salt, pepper, and cook for 3 minutes or until the liquid almost copmletely evaporates.
2. Stir in rice and chicken broth. Bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the liquid is almost absorbed. Stir in Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley.