JACK DANIELS MARINADE
- 1/4 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup minced green onions (with tops)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (not salt)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
Blend all ingredients. Use as a marinade for shrimp, scallops, beef, chicken or pork.
Marinate seafood for 1 hour. Marinate beef, chicken or pork in refrigerator for 2-12 hours.
After marinating, reserve marinade. Stir in 1 tablespoon of cornstarch into cold marinade. In a saucepan, bring marinade to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Use as a sauce for basting while cooking seafood or meat while it is being grilled or broiled