Crock Pot Chicken (Or Beef or Pork) Green Chile Stew
Serving Size 1 (449g)
Recipe makes 6 servings
Calories from Fat 29 (9%)
Amount Per Serving %DV
Total Fat 3.3g 5%
Saturated Fat 0.7g 3%
Monounsaturated Fat 0.7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.1g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 57mg 19%
Sodium 272mg 11%
Potassium 1531mg 43%
Total Carbohydrate 40.8g 13%
Dietary Fiber 6.7g 26%
Protein 29.4g 58%
- 5 * 5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (cut in 1-inch cubes or (2 lb. beef round, chuck or pork shoulder or butt cut into cubes)
- 2 * 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 * 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 * 2 large onions (chopped)
- 2 * 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 * 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 6 * 6 small red potatoes (quartered)
- 3 * 3 poblano peppers (seeded and diced)
- 10 * 10 tomatillos (husked, chopped)
- 1 1/2 * 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
- 1/2 * 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Adapted from recipezaar.com
1. Combine all ingredients except cilantro in crock pot.
2. Cover and cook on low setting for 8-10 hours.
3. Serve garnished with chopped cilantro.
4. Note: Comments from the person originally posted this: This is what we had for dinner tonight. It's delicious! The original recipe called for 2 pounds of beef round or chuck, cut in 1 inch pieces, but I substituted 5 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, and it turned out fine.