- 1 pound ground beef/turkey/etc.
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 2 ribs diced celery
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed Italian style tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup ditalini pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
Adapted from fromvalerieskitchen.com
1) Cook pasta per directions and set aside
2) Cook ground beef, stirring to break up. Season with salt and pepper and cook until no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
3) In the same pot, saute the onion, carrot, zucchini, celery, garlic in 2 TBSP of olive oil until softened. Season with basil, oregano, thyme.
4) Add beef broth, crushed tomatoes, and bay leaf. Stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
5) Add beans, ditalini pasta, beef, and Parmesan. Cover and cook an additional 5-10 minutes, until heated through.
6) Stir in Parmesan or leave it out and add as a topping when serving.
You'll also love
- Italian-Style Grilled Octopus 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Paleo Baked Eggs in Avocado 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Moms Divinity 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Baked Creamy Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Beef & Curry Pie 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Dutch Oven Baked Beans with Crisp... 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Red Quinoa, Black Bean and Avocado... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Thai Pumpkin Soup 4.6/5 (10 Votes)