Grilled Romaine with Blue-Cheese Bacon Vinaigrette
- 4 tbsp extra vigin olive oil
- 3/4 c chopped red onion
- 1/2 lb bacon, chopped
- 1/2 c balsamic vinegar
- 3 heads romaine, cut in half
- 1/2 c crumbled gorgonzola cheese
1. Preheat grill to high
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan over high heat. Add onions and bacon; cook until bacon is crispy. To same pan, after draining bacon, add balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp olive oil. Stir to combine. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Brush romaine with remaining olive oil. Place on grill cut side down and quickly sear. Salt and pepper before grilling.
4. Serve lettuce cut side up and drizzle with balsamic dressing. Sprinkle with cheese and garnish with cracked black pepper.