Julie's Simple Beef and Noodles
This is one of my dear Sister's easy recipes. It is a rib sticking, warm hug on a cold winter night. Julie advises that she started off this recipe by making Salisbury steak, with ground beef. Adding to the raw beef patty some chopped onion, green pepper, and salt and pepper. Make into patties and cooking the patties until done and adding the gravy. Later on she decided to just use the ground beef.
Of course, her being my sister, I gotta mess with the recipe. Sorry Julie. But her basic recipe is below. My tweaks are listed here.
But wait! There is more!
You could also use a slow cooked (in the crock pot) beef or pork roast and shred roughly and use in this mixture instead of ground beef.
And, you could cook a chicken, and use some of the meat, pulled apart (using chicken gravy and a can of cream of chicken soup) You would leave out the onions for this one and save the chicken juice for another time. If you really want to make the chicken richer, add a 3 ounce block of cream cheese while making the sauce.
Sometimes, especially with the beef, I just make boiled then buttered potatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks, to serve with the meat and gravy.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- 2 pds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- 1 large jar of savory beef gravy
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 bag of egg noodles
- 2 heaping tbsps sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Brown ground beef with onion with a little salt and pepper. Drain. Add a jar of savory beef gravy.
Boil noodles as marked on the bag, drain.
Add sour cream to gravy and mix completely just before serving.
Can serve already mixed or separated for each person to prepare on their plate as desired.
Serve with peas or green beans, sauteed squash.
You'll also love
- Mexican Grilled Chicken Wrap 4.6/5 (60 Votes)
- Lemon on Lemon Shortbread Cookies 4.6/5 (60 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with Pan Sauce 4.5/5 (69 Votes)
- Cajun Jambalaya Pasta 4.4/5 (75 Votes)
- Orzo With Parmesan And Basil 4.5/5 (72 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff without Mushrooms 4.2/5 (119 Votes)
- Thai Noodles & Chicken 4.5/5 (67 Votes)
- Chicken Noodle Casserole 4.4/5 (72 Votes)