Slow-Cooked Stuffed Apples Recipe
- 6 large tart apples
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Granola and caramel ice cream topping, optional
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Core apples and peel top third of each; brush peeled portions with lemon juice. Place in a 6-qt. slow cooker.
Combine the pecans, apricots, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place a heaping tablespoonful of mixture in each apple. Pour 2 cups water around apples.
Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until apples are tender. Serve with granola and caramel topping if desired.