Pork Pad Thai
Slightly spicy, family favorite.
- Spicy Peanut Butter Sauce:
- 1 1/2 lb. port tenderloin, trimmed
- 2 T canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Spicy Peanut Butter Sauce
- 1 (1 lb.) pke rice noodles, cooked
- 2 C matchstick carrots
- 2 C beansprouts
- 1/2 C peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 C peanut butter
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 C honey
- 2 T rice wine vinegar
- 2 T sesame oil
- 2 T Asian hot chili sauce
- 1 T fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 tsp red pepper
- 1/2 C water
Slice pork very thin and stir-fry in hot oil, medium heat, for 5 to 8 minutes; remove from pan.
Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for Peanut Sauce and set aside.
Add egg and cook, stirring constantly; add green onions and pork, cook for 3 to 4 minutes; stir in Peanut Sauce and hot cooked noodles.
Divide evenly between 8 plates; put 1/4 C carrots on one side and 1/4 C bean sprouts on the other side of each plate; sprinkle with chopped peanuts.