Wrap-and-Roll Basil pinwheels
- 3 - 7 or 8 inch flour tortillas
- 5 ounce container semi soft cheese with garlic and herbs or Boursin cheese
- 12 large fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 of a 7 ounce jar roasted red sweet peppers, cut into 1/4 inch wide strips
- 4 ounces thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise or salad dressing
1. Spread each flour tortilla with 1/3 of Boursin cheese or semisoft cheese with garlic and herbs. Add a layer of the large basil leaves to cover cheese. Divide roasted red sweet pepper strips between the tortillas; arrange roasted red pepper strips over the basil leaves 1 to 2 inches apart. Top with meat slices. Spread 1 teaspoon mayonnaise or salad dressing over the meat on each tortilla. Roll up the tortillas tightly into a spiral, enclosing the filling. Wrap each roll in plastic wrap. Chill the tortilla rolls int eh refrigerator 2 to 4 hours to blend flavors.
2. To serve, remove the tolls from the refrigerator. Remove the plastic wrap from the tortilla rolls; cut each of the rolls into 1 inch slices. Garnish with the remaining basil leaves. Skewer each of the cut tortilla rolls on frilly picks or on short decorative skewers.