Muffins ~ Lunchbox Harvest
- 140 grams (1 1/8 cups) whole-wheat pastry flour
- 5 grams (1 teaspoon) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 70 grams (1/3 cup) packed dark brown sugar
- 1 small apple, grated, and juices reserved (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup grated butternut squash or parsnips
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 55 grams (1/3 cup) raisins
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) unsweetened shredded coconut
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease mini-muffin tins.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
In a large bowl, combine the eggs, olive oil, honey, brown sugar, grated apple and juices and grated vegetables.
Using a spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until just combined. Gently fold in the raisins and coconut.
Fill each muffin cup 3/4 of the way up, and bake for about 15 to 18 minutes for mini-muffins and about 20 to 22 minutes for regular muffins. The muffins are finished baking when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.