Fire-Roasted Pepper Salsa
- Olive oil as needed
- 2 pounds red/ yellow or orange bell peppers
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Cayenne to taste
Preheat broiler and lightly brush baking tray with olive oil. Place whole peppers on tray.
Broil peppers, turning every 5 minutes, until blackened all over, about 15 minutes.
Transfer peppers to bowl, and cover bowl with plate. Let peppers cool for 45 minutes, during which time they release juices. Reserve juices.
Peel peppers and remove and discard seeds and stems. Mince flesh of peppers and return minced peppers to bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients, and adjust salt and cayenne to taste.
Serve cold or at room temperature. Store in tightly sealed jar in refrigerator.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per Serving: 70 Cal; 2g Prot; 0g Total Fat (0 Sat. Fat); 16g Carb.; 0mg Chol; 300mg Sod.; 4g Fiber.