- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups bulgur
- 4 cups chicken broth, hot
- 3 teaspoons pine nuts (pignolia), toasted (optional)
1. Heat oil in large frying pan. When it is hot, toss in the onions. Stir over a medium to high heat until the onions have browned slightly.
2. Wash the bulgur wheat and drain it thoroughly, squeezing out any excess moisture. Add the bulgur wheat to the sauteed onion and stir for a few minutes to coat the grains with the oil, adding a little more if necessary.
3. Add the stock. Bring to the boil, switch off the heat and cover.
4. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
5. To serve , spoon the hot bulgur wheat into a large dish and sprinkle over toasted pine nuts (if using). Garnish with mint.