BAKED PASTA WITH SAUSAGE
- 1 pound Hot italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium size onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 jars 26 ounces each marinara sauce
- 6 tablespoons bottled basil pesto
- 1 pound penne
- 1/2 pound mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 bag 6 or 8 ounces baby spinach
In large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium high heat, breaking up meat with wooded spoon, until meat is no longer pink, 5 minutes. Add onion, cook stirring occasionally, until onion is soften about 5 minutes, add garlic cook 1 minute. Add marinara sauce, simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. Stir in pesto, set aside.
Cook penne following package directions, heat oven to 375, coat 13x9x2 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, spread thin layer of sauce over bottom of dish.
In large bowl, combine drained cooked penne, remaining sauce, cubed cheese 1/3 cup parmesan and the spinach. Spoon pasta mixture into baking, sprinkle remaining parmesan over top.
Bake in 375 oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
You'll also love
- ASPARAGUS LASAGNA 5/5 (1 Votes)
- String Bean and Artichoke Casserole 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Pulled Pork Sandwiches 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Penne with summer squash and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Portillo's Italian Beef 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Edna's baked Macaroni and Cheese 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pasta with (Turkey) Sausage and... 5/5 (1 Votes)