Roasted Egyptian Fish
from Raw Spice Bar
- RawSpiceBar's Egyptian Spices
- 1 -2 (total 2lb) whole bronzini, or other whole white fish, scaled, gutted, gills removed
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 whole lemon
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup red onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp salt
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Pat bronzini dry. With a large knife, make two slits on each side of the fish. Salt & pepper fish inside and out.
2. With a food processor, combine 2 cloves garlic, RawSpiceBar’s Egyptian Spices, salt & 3 tbsp olive oil into a paste. Use 3/4 of spice paste to season the bronzini on both sides, pat the spice paste into the fish pushing it into the slits you made earlier. Set the remaining 1/4 of the spice paste aside.
3. Stuff each gut cavity with the chopped parsley, 1 clove minced garlic, 1/2 onions, 1/2 lemon & 1/2 tomatoes.
4. Arrange couscous next to fish on all sides. Add remaining lemon, red onion & tomatoes on fish around outside of couscous, creating somewhat of a wall. Sprinkle the vegetables with a pinch of salt and the remaining 1/4 of the spice paste.
5. Drizzle generously with olive oil. Fold over edges of parchment paper, stapling if necessary, to create an almost airtight seal.
6. Bake in oven for 30 minutes. Carefully open and serve with toasted flatbread & hazelnut dukkah and sumac, carrot & almond salad.
Splash filets w/lemon juice. Toss fish, tomatoes, onions and smashed garlic in oil. Sprinkle spices on both sides of fish and roast all in the oven. Top with fresh parsley.