- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup chilled unsalted butter - (1 1/2 sticks) chilled, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chilled buttermilk
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda into large bowl. Mix in orange peel. Add butter and rub in with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Mix in dried cranberries. Gradually add buttermilk, tossing with fork until moist clumps form.
Turn dough out onto lightly floured work surface. Knead briefly to bind dough, about 4 turns. Form dough into 1-inch-thick round. Cut into 8 wedges. Transfer wedges to prepared baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart.
Bake until tops of scones are golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let stand on baking sheet 10 minutes. Serve scones warm or at room temperature.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (759 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (242 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (217 Votes)
- Southern Strawberry-Pineapple... 3.9/5 (259 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (167 Votes)
- Bulgur Risotto With Peas And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Kiwi-Cream Cheese Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken With Apple-Brandy Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)