Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple
From Daphne Oz
- 1 pound shrimp, cleaned, deveined, tails on
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons toasted ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, in liquid state
- 1 pineapple, cut in chunks
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 orange, juiced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- Juice of 2 to 3 limes
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium heat.
In a medium bowl, whisk together a pinch of salt, a few cracks of freshly ground pepper, coriander, red pepper flakes, sesame oil, and coconut oil. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Thread the shrimp onto skewers.
In a large bowl, toss the pineapple with the honey, orange juice, and small pinch of salt. Thread the pineapple onto skewers. Grill the pineapple for 3 to 4 minutes, or until caramelized and light charred. Be careful as it will burn easily.
Grill the shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until just opaque.
Remove to a platter and sprinkle with scallions and freshly squeezed lime juice. Serve.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Pie 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Banana Pudding with Vanilla Bean... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Shrimp, Lettuce and Tomato Cups 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Awesome Country Apple Fritter... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Andouille Sausage Jambalaya with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- PINEAPPLE FROST 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Warm Braised Pineapple 4/5 (1 Votes)