Creamy Pecan Coconut Poppers
From Southern Living June 2010
- 3 (2.1-ounce) packages frozen mini-phyllo pastry shells, thawed
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup jarred caramel topping (optional)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat oven to 350. Bake pastry shells on a baking sheet 3 to 5 minutes. Cool completely (about 30 minutes).
Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon or pipe cream cheese mixture into pastry shells. Cover and chill 2 to 8 hours.
Meanwhile, stir together pecans, coconut, and butter in a small bowl. Spread mixture in a 9-inch square pan. Bake at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally. Let cool 30 minutes. Sprinkle each tart with about 1 teaspoon pecan mixture. Drizzle with caramel topping, if desired. Serve immediately.