Pasta with Broccoli and Garlic
From The Washington Post
- 8 ounces shell-shaped dried pasta (conchiglie pasta recommended)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 medium cloves garlic, finely chopped (about 2 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces broccoli crowns (tough stems trimmed), florets cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Leaves from 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped (3 tablespoons)
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cook and drain the pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, crushed red pepper flakes and salt to taste; reduce the heat to low. Cook the garlic for 13 to 15 minutes, adjusting the heat so the garlic softens without browning.
Add the broccoli pieces and the white wine; increase the heat to medium-high. As soon as the wine starts to bubble, cover the skillet or pan. Steam the broccoli for 3 to 4 minutes, until it is bright green and just tender. Remove from the heat immediately.
Toss together the garlic-broccoli mixture with the drained pasta and the parsley. Serve hot or at room temperature. Pass Parmesan cheese at the table, if desired.
You'll also love
- RASPBERRY-GRAPE SMOOTHIE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cumin-Marinated-Pork Tacos 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ricotta Spinach Loaf 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Taco Macaroni 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon Braised Green Beans 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach-Pasta Toss 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dixie Chicken Salad with Grapes,... 0/5 (0 Votes)