Brussels Sprouts With Walnuts And Orange
- 4 pints Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated sugar (or 1 1/2 tspns brown rice syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch freshly-ground white pepper
- 1/3 cup walnut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 tablespoon orange zest in long strips
Discard and trim off yellow leaves and base from sprouts. Cut into quarters. Cook in boiling salted water until just tender, 4 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
Whisk orange and lemon juices, sugar, salt and white pepper together. Drizzle in walnut oil while whisking.
Toss sprouts with walnuts, zest and dressing.
Serve immediately, or reserve in warm oven for up to 15 minutes.
This recipe yields 12 servings.
Per Serving: 110 Cal; 3g Prot; 9g Total Fat (1 Sat. Fat); 7g Carb.; 0mg Chol; 110mg Sod.; 2g Fiber; 3g Sugar.