Southern Living Texas Caviar
From Southern Living April 1999
- 1 (15-ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can white hominy, drained
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (8-ounce) jar hot picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (optional)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 150mins
• Combine first 9 ingredients, and, if desired, lime juice.
• Cover and chill at least 2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips, or wrap in flour tortillas.