From Summertime 1999
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 leeks, sliced (about 2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 pound zucchini, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 bunch fresh watercress (or spinach)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Garnishes: Watercress leaves, thin zucchini slices
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 275mins
Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add leeks, and saute 3 minutes. Add zucchini, and saute 2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in watercress, whipping cream, and pepper. Cool slightly.
Process soup in batches in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides; cover and chill at least 4 hours. Ladle into bowls; garnish, if desired.