Banana Bread with Toasted Walnuts
- Unsalted butter, for coating pan
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour, plus more for dusting pan
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 1/2 cup coarsely mashed very ripe bananas (3 large)
- 2 tablespoons plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, toasted and chopped
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 95mins
Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350. Butter a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan, then dust with flour to coat lightly. Tap the pan to remove any excess flour. Sift the 1 2/3 cups of flour with the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a bowl.
Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar in a large bowl until pale and the mixture forms a ribbon when the beaters are lifted, about 8 minutes. Gradually blend in the oil. Beat in the bananas, yogurt, and vanilla. Using a large silicone spatula, fold the walnuts into the batter.
Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top. Bake until golden brown on top and a tester inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean, about 1 hour.
Transfer the pan to a rack and cool the bread for 15 minutes. Turn the bread out and set right side up on the rack. Serve the bread warm or at room temperature.