Ginger-Glazed Baby-Cut Carrots with Cranberries
From The Washington Post
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ounces fresh ginger root, peeled and grated (about 2 tablespoons), or more to taste
- 2 pounds baby-cut carrots
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups homemade or no-salt-added chicken broth or water
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Melt the butter in a large nonstick saute pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ginger and cook, stirring for 30 seconds. Add the carrots, sugar, salt to taste and the broth or water, and stir to combine. Cook until the liquid comes to a boil, then cover the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for 5 minutes.
Add the cranberries and increase the heat to medium-high, bringing the liquid to a boil. Cook until the liquid has reduced to a glazelike consistency and the carrots are just tender, 12 to 14 minutes. Taste, and adjust the seasoning as needed. Transfer to a serving dish; just before serving, stir to evenly coat the carrots with the glaze.