- 2 tablespoons olive oil preferably
- 3 cups thinly-sliced onion - (1 large)
- 1/2 pound sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 homemade or prepared 9" pie crust
- 4 ounces chevre (goat cheese) crumbled
- 2 teaspoons coarsely-chopped fresh thyme or rosemary (or 1/2 tspn dried thyme or rosemary)
- 2 medium tomatoes - (to 3) cut 1/4"-thk slices, then cut in half
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
In medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened and golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer onions to bowl.
Heat remaining tablespoon oil in skillet. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until softened and juices have evaporated, about 6 minutes. Season with pinch of salt and pepper. Add mushrooms to bowl with onions and mix gently.
Lay dough flat on baking sheet. Distribute onion-mushroom mixture evenly on top, leaving 1-inch border. Dot with chevre, and sprinkle with thyme and pepper to taste.
Starting from outer edge of onion mixture, arrange tomato slices on top. Sprinkle with pinch of salt and pepper. Fold pastry over topping, crimping dough every inch or two.
Bake until crust is golden, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool slightly. Cut into 4 wedges and serve warm.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per Serving: 260 Cal; 4g Prot; 6g Total Fat (4 Sat. Fat); 48g Carb.; 15mg Chol; 190mg Sod.; 3g Fiber.
You'll also love
- Lime-Tahini Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hearty Pasta And Pink Beans 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stefado - (Beef And Onion Stew) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Oysters With Pink Peppercorn... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Marinated Goat Cheese With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Weakfish Roasted With Tomato And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Medallions With Mushrooms,... 0/5 (0 Votes)