An easy but impressive delicious dessert! Sour cream gives this blueberry mousse a wonderful, subtle tanginess. It's always a huge hit whenever I serve this yummy dish!
- 1 cup blueberries, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- Chopped pistachios, for garnish
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
In a small saucepan, mash the 1 cup of blueberries with the sugar and salt and bring to a simmer over moderate heat. Cook, stirring, until jammy, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and scrape the jam into a food processor. Let cool completely.
Add the sour cream and cream cheese to the food processor and puree with the jam until smooth. In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream to soft peaks. Fold in the berry cream until blended. Spoon the mousse into glasses and sprinkle with chopped pistachios and blueberries.
You'll also love
- Banana Split Cake***** 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Frozen Blueberry Cheesecake Ice... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Turkey & Beef Meatloaf with... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Outback (copycat) Bleu Cheese... 4/5 (35 Votes)
- Spicy Rice & Corn Casserole 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Blueberry Flax Buttermilk Pancakes 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Jell-O Cookies 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Orange Dreamsicle Cake 4/5 (26 Votes)