20-Minute Tuscan Chicken with Penne Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups frozen spinach
- 1/2 onion or 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 (14.5 ounces) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup fat-free half & half*
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 16 ounce box penne pasta
- diced tomatoes, to garnish
- fresh basil, to garnish
- parmesan cheese, to garnish
Place the oil, garlic, spinach, and onion or onion powder in a 6-quart dutch oven. Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, fill a large pot with salted water. Allow the water to boil, then add the pasta.
Add the oregano, thyme, pepper, salt, basil, diced tomatoes, and chicken stock to the dutch oven. Allow the mixture to come to a boil, then stir. Add the chicken and stir.
In a small bowl, whisk together the half & half and flour together, making sure there are no clumps. Stir the flour mixture into the sauce, stirring continuously well mixture is combined.
Allow the sauce to simmer until the pasta is al dente, about 12 minutes.
Drain the pasta, add the pasta to the sauce and stir.
Garnish with diced tomatoes, fresh basil, and parmesan cheese.
* You may use regular half & half.
You'll also love
- Air Fried Chicken Drumsticks 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Skinny Chicken Tamale Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Margherita Chicken and Zucchini 0/5 (0 Votes)
- How to Reheat a Rotisserie Chicken... 3/5 (26 Votes)
- Macaroni Salad-Evelyn Athens 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Bacon Lasagna Rolls 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Scaloppine Macaroni Grill... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dutch Oven Chicken & Biscuit... 0/5 (0 Votes)