From Southern Living August 2000
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Hot cooked rice
- Garnishes: Chopped green onions, fresh cilantro
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Combine first 7 ingredients in a shallow dish or large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add chicken. Cover or seal; chill 2 hours, turning chicken occasionally.
Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread chicken onto 3 (6-inch) skewers and pineapple onto 3 (6-inch) skewers.
Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350 to 400) 15 to 20 minutes or until done, turning occasionally. Grill pineapple 5 to 7 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve over rice, and garnish, if desired.