Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Marsala
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (abut 2 lbs)
- 3/4 t salt
- 1/4 t ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 t chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 t dried thyme
- 8 oz pkg of crimini sliced mushrooms 93 cups)
- 1/2 c sweet Marsala wine or chicken stock or both
- 3 T cornstarch
- 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 275mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
Spray 4 qt slow cooker with PAM. Place thighs in slow ooker; sprinkle with 1/4 t of the salt and pepper.
Spray skillet with PAM. Add garlic, thyme, mushrooms and remaining 1/2 r salt. Cook over med high heat 4-5 min or until soft and lightly browned. Spoon mushroom mixture over chicken thighs. Pour wine over the top.
Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
Remove thighs from cooker; place on serving plate. Cover to keep warm. In small bowl, stir cornstarch and heavy cream until well blended. Stir into liquid in cooker. Cover and cook on high for 10-15 min until thickened.
Serve chicken with sauce.