Skillet Steak and Wilted Kale
From Southern Living September 2015
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed
- 2 (3/4-inch-thick) beef strip steaks
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large sweet onion, such as Vidalia, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from southernliving.com
Preheat oven to 425. Chop kale. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Cook steaks in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes on each side. Place on a wire rack in a jelly-roll pan, and bake 6 minutes.
Meanwhile, wipe skillet clean and melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion, and saute 5 minutes or until tender.
Remove steaks from oven, and loosely cover with foil to keep warm. Add kale to onion mixture, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until kale is wilted. Stir in vinegar and honey; season with salt and pepper. Serve with sliced steak.
Place peeled garlic clove on cutting board; smash garlic, using flat side of knife, to make a paste. Whisk together garlic, yogurt, next 3 ingredients, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Serve yogurt mixture with fried pumpkin and sage leaves.
You'll also love
- Penne Arrabbiata for Two 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Red Snapper Veracruz... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- One Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Turkey Sausage with Fennel... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Spinach with Chickpeas and Fried... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Black-Eyed Peas and Greens with... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Kale Stuffed Pork Loin Roast 4.4/5 (29 Votes)