Quick Vegetarian Black Bean Soup
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 1 quart of vegetable broth
- 2 (15 oz. cans) black beans (do not drain)
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 avocado, diced and sprinkled with salt
- Yogurt/sour cream
In large pot, heat olive oil over medium-high. Add onion, celery and bell pepper to pan. Cook until vegetables, are tender 6-8 minutes, adding garlic halfway through and stirring occasionally. Add oregano, cumin and cayenne, and stir for one minute. Add vegetable broth.
Bring broth to a medium simmer. Let cook, uncovered, for 8 minutes. Add entire contents of both cans of beans, and season with salt, to taste. Return to a simmer, and cook uncovered for 10-12 minutes, or until broth reduces to desired consistency.
Transfer half of the contents in pan to a blender/food processor. Puree until smooth. Return to pan.
Stir in cilantro and then remove from heat. Serve topped with avocado and a dollop of yogurt/sour cream.
You'll also love
- Bacon Wrapped, Cream Cheese... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Awesome Turkey Sandwich 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Creme Crecy. Carrot soup 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Salmon Topped with Spinach, Bacon,... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Moosewood Lentil Soup Recipe 3.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Indian Lentil-Cauliflower Soup... 3.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Veggie Burger - Black Bean And... 4/5 (1 Votes)