Pistachio-Cranberry Rugelach Recipe
This Pistachio-Cranberry Rugelach recipe is the perfect dessert treat to munch on at your next Hanukkah gathering or any holiday dinner party. Festive cranberries and crunchy pistachios come together to gives these cookies a sweet, tart, and crunchy flavor. This recipe makes 4 dozen cookies so you can share will all of your friends and family. Package them up and gift them to your loved ones for a really sweet holiday treat.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup pistachios, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 65mins
In a large bowl, cream the softened butter, cream cheese, and salt until blended; beat in cream. Gradually beat in flour.
Divide dough into 4 portions. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle. In a small bowl, combine the cranberries, pistachios, sugar, and cinnamon; set aside.
Working with one portion of dough at a time, roll each into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Brush with one fourth of the melted butter. Sprinkle with one fourth of the cranberry mixture, pressing lightly to adhere. Cut dough into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide ends; place 2-inches apart on greased baking sheets, point side down.
Bake at 325°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until bottoms are browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
In a small bowl, mix the confectioners' sugar, vanilla, and enough water to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over cookies.
You'll also love
- Snickerdoodle Bread 4.2/5 (634 Votes)
- Nonna's Italian Ricotta Cookies 4.4/5 (71 Votes)
- Oatmeal Honey Raisin Cookies 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Yemenite Beef Soup 3.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Deviled Eggs with Crispy Shallot... 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Cheese & Guinness Spread 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Nectarine Muffins 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Grilled Turkey 4.1/5 (7 Votes)