Slow-Cooker Smothered Pork Chops
serve over egg noodles or mashed potatoes
- 1 Onion, halved and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 TBLS vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. minced fresh time, or 1/4 tsp. dried
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 TBLS. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. instant tapioca
- salt and pepper
- 2 (8-10 oz.) bone-in, blade cut pork chops, 3/4 to 1 inch thick, trimmed and brined if desired.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 TBLS. minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp. cider vinegar
1. Lightly spay inside of slow cooker with vegetable oil spray.
2. Microwave onion, oil, garlic, and thyme in bowl, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes; transfer to prepared slow cooker.
3. Stir in broth, soy sauce, tapioca and 1/2 tsp. pepper.
4. cut 2 slits, about 2 inches apart, through outer layer of fat and silverskin on each chop. Season chops with salt and pepper and nestle into slow cooker.
cover and cook until port is tender, 2-3 hours on low.
5. Transfer chops to serving platter and tent loosely with aluminum foil.
6. microwave bacon until crisp, about 5 minutes
7. Using a large spoon, skim excess fat from surface of sauce.
8. stir in parsley and vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. pour sauce over chops and sprinkle with crisp bacon.