Baked Sausage, Spinach and Egg Breakfast Taquitos
- 1/2 Lb. sausage
- 2 c. fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/3 c. diced green bell pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 2 Tbl. crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/2 c. shredded cheese, any flavor (Cheddar, Pepper Jack, Monterey, etc. . . )
- 1/2 c. salsa, plus more for serving
- 7 medium tortillas, corn or flour
- cooking spray
- kosher salt
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. When sausage is almost cooked through, add the chopped spinach and bell pepper and saute for a few minutes. Crack eggs into a bowl, whisk and add to skillet. Stir occasionally until eggs are just barely cooked through. Remove from heat and stir in the Feta cheese.
Microwave tortillas for 30 seconds or until pliable. Divide filling between tortillas. Top each with a little shredded cheese and salsa. Roll up tightly and place, seam-side down, on a baking sheet that has been lined with foil (this makes for a much easier clean up). Spray tops of taquitos lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with a little kosher salt. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crispy. Serve with extra salsa for dipping. Makes 7 taquitos.